User - Request FeedbackLast Updated: April 05, 2019
If you want to request feedback from someone, where do you go?
Go to the Feedback Hub section and select Request Feedback.
After that, you have two different options:
- Create a feedback request from scratch
- Use one of the provided feedback templates
We will explore both paths.
Let's start with the first option.
Request Feedback from scratch
If you chose this option you will face this menu:
- The first thing to do is select who you want to request feedback from. That can be a single person, like your manager or peer; multiple people, like different colleagues or even a whole team!
- Then, type in the questions that you have in mind. You can add as many questions as you want to, but keep in mind that the quicker it is to answer, the quicker you'll have feedback.
- After that, you can choose the type of answer you are looking for. You have a range of options to choose from: Open Answer; Insights on Skills; Scale Answer; Multiple Choice or Mood. You can also make the answer optional.
- Next, name that feedback request.
- When you set a deadline you are deciding how recurrent that feedback request will be. You can choose to send it monthly, weekly, to create your own custom schedule or to send it just one time only.
- Finally, define the deadline to all questioned colleagues to answer. Be notified when you receive answers.
Request Feedback - Tap My Back Templates
You can choose from those five predetermined templates in order to best suit your managing needs. Each option is enabled for customization. You can adapt each feedback request to your organization's best interests.